Terms & Conditions
The following Terms of contract apply to all Entries submitted to Competitions for which as set out in these Terms, the Prize shall be either the Asset, Experience or Vehicle as described below.
Upon signing up for an account, Entrants will be required to tick on the Website that they have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions, are over the age of 18 and agreed to be bound by them.
- The Competition is operated by Roffles Ltd. Roffles Ltd also referred to as Roffles.com are hereby referenced as The Promoter. The Promoter is authorised to offer the Prize in this Competition
- By purchasing Roffle Bucks, Entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree, do not purchase Roffle Bucks.
To validly enter the Competition Entrants must do all of the following:
- Create an account and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Purchase Roffle Bucks
- Choose the number of Entries to submit;
- Submit a successful answer or solution to the Challenge before the end of the Closing Date (as may be extended in time);\
- At the Promoter’s sole discretion, the requirement to buy Roffle Bucks may be discounted by redeeming a voucher code or promotional offer to the Customer under one of its promotional schemes.
- Payment for Roffle Bucks or packs of Roffle Bucks shall be processed by Paytriot Payments. This shall also be subject to Paytriot Payments terms and conditions, which shall be available to view by following the link (also available on the payment pages): https://www.paytriot.co.uk/terms/. The Roffle Buck payment must be received by the Promoter in pounds sterling only and if you make payment in a different currency, the amount you pay in that currency may have currency exchange and international transfer charges added.
The Promoter will store and process the Entrant’s personal information which must include details of at least one form of contact which will be used for the following purposes:
- to notify any Winner or Runner(s) Up that they that they have won a prize in the Competition;
- to administer the Website and conduct the Competition; and
- after a Draw, to post the Winner and any Runner(s) Up's first name only and town of residence on the Website and in publicity about the Competition.
- All Entrants are solely and completely responsible for providing the Promoters with accurate and current contact details.
- The Promoters will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to make contact with any Entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details provided by the Entrants or otherwise.
The Promoters will not accept:
- responsibility for Entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause including, for example, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
- any other purported proof of entry to the Competition other than as recorded by the Website’s systems.
- entries from countries originating from outside of the promoters eligible countries list.
- An Entry shall be declared void (without any refund being given) if the Entrant engages in: (a) any form of fraud (actual or apparent); (b) fraudulent misrepresentation; (c) fraudulent concealment; (d) hacking or interference with the proper functioning of the Website; or (e) amending, or unauthorised use of, any of the code that constitutes the Website.
- Each Competition has a maximum number of tickets each entrant can purchase. Each individual Entrant may submit an amount of entries not exceeding the designated max. The Entry Fee must be paid and the Challenge completed on each purchase (rather than for each individual ticket). Entrants may increase their total number of tickets to be bought after successfully passing the challenge.
- Only valid Entries will be entitled to participate in the Competition and only Correct Entries will proceed to the Draw phase and be eligible to win any prize in the Competition.
- All Entries will become the property of the Promoters on receipt and will not be returned.
- All Entries to the Competition are final and no refunds shall be made at any time or for any reason, except in the case the Competition is defined as fixed and does not fill the minimum participant requirement! Any refund provided will be for Roffle Bucks not cash refunds.
- For help with Entries, please visit the Website.
The Competition is open for entry only to private individuals (i.e., not companies or businesses) aged 18 or over, excluding:
- the Promoter, their immediate family, agents, employees or professional advisers; or
- anyone else connected with the development or operation of the Website or the conduct or administration of the Competition in any way, shape or form; or
- the members of the immediate families or households of the above.
- In entering the Competition, all Entrants confirm that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize awarded in this Competition. The Promoters may require any Entrant (including any winner or Runner(s) Up to provide evidence that they are eligible to enter the Competition.
The Promoter will not accept Entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
- incomplete; or
- from countries disallowed by its payment processor: Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Finland, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Latvia, Netherlands, Norway, Pakistan, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United States of America.
- The Promoters reserve all rights to disqualify Entrants if their conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition.
- Entries on behalf of another person can be accepted and joint submissions are allowed. However, a single account and person will be required to take ownership of the prize and be the ticket holder.
- In completing or answering the Challenge, the Entrant recognises that they will have a time limit and will be required to exercise skill and judgment to ensure they have submitted a Correct Entry.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time during the Competition and with immediate effect to amend the Challenge, whether the nature of the question(s)/test or the time limit to complete it to ensure it remains a test of skill and judgment skill. Any such changes shall not affect the validity of or qualification as a Correct Entry of any Entries received prior to the time of such change.
- By entering the Competition, Entrants warrant that all information they submit is accurate, true, current and complete. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant (entirely at their own discretion) if there are reasonable grounds to believe the Entrant has acted in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
- The title of the Competition will vary by Competition.
- The Winner and, where applicable pursuant to term 29, any Runner(s) Up will be determined and awarded the Prize(s) so specified on the Website and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Draw to determine the Winner and any Runner(s) Up will be made on the Draw Date (subject always to the extension of the Closing Date under term 28.)
- The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, and at any time during the Competition up to the end of the Closing Date, extend time to a new Closing Date, to be no later than 6 months after the specified Closing Date. Also, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, and at any time during the Competition bring forward the Closing Date to a new Closing Date, to be before and no later than the specified Closing Date.
If by the Closing Date (which may be subject to be brought forward or to an extension of time as set out in term 28 above), at least the Minimum Number of Entries has been received, the Competition will close and on the Draw Date:
- there will be a Draw to determine the Winner;
- there will be a Draw or Draws to determine the Runner(s) Up, who shall be awarded the Runner Up Prize(s)
- If by the Closing Date (which may be subject to an extension of time as set out in term 28 above), the actual number of Entries received is less than the Minimum Number of Entries, the Competition will close and on the Draw Date there will not be a Draw and players’ Roffle Bucks will be refunded.
- If any Winner or Runner(s) Up cannot be contacted by the Promoter within 21 days of being notified of their status as the Winner by email and/or telephone to the contact details submitted in their Entry, the Promoter shall be entitled to award their prize to the Entrant next Drawn, with the effect that the first Runner Up (as applicable) would become the Winner, and so on. At the Draw, there shall be such number of additional / reserve Correct Entries Drawn but not actioned or disclosed until required to permit the operation of this alternate Winner / Runner Up arrangement. Any alternate Winner or Runner Up shall likewise comply with the above 21-day contact requirement.
- The Promoter shall take all reasonable steps to ensure and preserve the random nature of the Draw but shall not be required to comply with any particular regulatory or other standards in this respect. The conduct of the Draw shall be verified by a person, people, agent, software or company who are independent of the Promoter and any Entrant. The result(s) of the Draw are final.
- If applicable, on the Draw Date, the Promoter shall calculate the Charity Donation and apportion the same on a pro-rata basis between the Charities in accordance with the aggregated preferences specified by the Entrants at the time of Entry. The Promoter shall publish the details of the Charity Donation made on the Website. The Promoter’s calculations of the Charity Donation apportionment are final and no correspondence shall be entered into in relation to it.
- The Winner and any Runner(s) Up will be required to forward a copy of their passport or driving licence together with two utility bills or bank statements (or a combination of the two) dated within the previous three months to the Promoters to prove their identity and that their Entry was made using a valid debit/credit card belonging to the Entrant or used with the express authorisation of the card holder and that there is no lawful impediment (pursuant to any applicable UK or international law) to Winner or any Runner(s) Up being awarded any prize in the Competition. In the event that Promoter reasonably believes that there may be a lawful impediment to awarding a prize to a Winner or any Runner(s) Up, the Promoter may suspend making such award until the legal issue is resolved, or if, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter such issue cannot be resolved, to award that prize in a like manner as set out in term 31 above.
- If the prize comprises the Asset, the Promoter will arrange for the Asset to be delivered via post. If the prize comprises the Holiday, the Promoter will arrange for a meeting through our preferred travel provider. The details of the Holiday will be organised through that provider. If the prize comprises the Vehicle, the Promoter will arrange for personal delivery of the item through a Roffles representative.
- The Promoters do not in any way guarantee or give any warranties. The Promoters do not guarantee or give any warranty as to the value of the Asset or Vehicle, its condition, history or any other matters associated with the Asset or Vehicle. The condition of each prize is stated in the Competition description, this may vary per competition.
- The Promoter will pay one time tax and duties associated with the Prize delivery. The Promoter will not be responsible for customs, if applicable. The Promoter is not responsible for any ongoing costs beyond that including but not limited to maintenance, replacement, insurance or capital gains.
- The Winner shall execute all documents required for the transfer of the title of the Vehicles and take all steps they can to ensure transfer and registration of the Vehicle at the appropriate government agency within 3 months of the Draw Date.
- The Promoter shall only deal with any Winner or, as applicable, Runner(s) Up or their estate (in the case of their prior death) and no prize in the Competition is transferable.
- The Winner and any Runner(s) Up shall be announced and publicised on the Website and via email marketing campaigns, as well as on Roffle’s associated social media pages/sites, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Any Winner and Runner(s) Up shall cooperate with and participate in the Promoter’s reasonable publicity requests. Only the winner’s first name, city and account picture will be publicised.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, their agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any Entrant or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of submitting and Entry or in relation to the Asset, Holiday, or Vehicle except where it was caused by the negligence or fraud of the Promoter, their agents or distributors, or that of their employees. The Winner’s statutory rights are not affected.
- The liability of the Promoter to each Entrant is limited to the aggregate value of the Entry Fees paid by that Entrant.
- The Promoters accept no liability for errors or omissions contained within the description of the Prize or Prize Value or for any other description or specification or any other part of the Website. It is the responsibility of each Entrant (and in particular the Winner) to satisfy him/herself as to the accuracy of any such details and/or any content of the Website.
- Each Entrant agrees that the usual requirement under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 for any goods and services ordered online to be supplied within 30 days will not apply to the Competitions.
- The Promoter shall not be a trustee of any Entry Fees received.
- The Promoters reserve the right to suspend or cancel the Competition at any time either before or after Entries have been received. If the Competition is cancelled, the Promoter will return the Entry Fees to each Entrant in Roffle Bucks (at the Promoter’s sole discretion). Any refund of the Entry Fee may be subject to deduction of any irrecoverable service charge fees. Where the Entry Fee is returned, the Promoter shall have no further liability to the Entrant or to any other person.
- Without prejudice to the operation of term 46 above, the Promoters will have the right to cancel the Competition at any time in the event that the Challenge is not effective in excluding a significant proportion of the Entrants from entry into the Draw phase of the Competition.
- Without prejudice to the operation of term 46 above, the Promoters reserve the right to cancel the Competition in the event that an order is made or a resolution is passed for the winding up of the Promoter, or an order is made for the appointment of an administrator to manage the affairs of the Promoter, or circumstances arise which entitle a court or creditor to appoint a receiver or manager or which entitle a court to make a winding up order, or the Promoter takes or suffers any analogous action in consequence of debt or an application to court for protection from its creditors is made by the Promoter.
- The Promoters reserve the right to make reasonable amendments to these Terms and Conditions at any time, with immediate effect upon publishing such amendments on the Website. Any such amendments shall not prejudice any Entries received prior to the time of such changes.
- These Terms and Conditions shall not create or be construed as creating any form of contract, joint venture or other agreement between any Entrant and the Promoters.
- The Competition, its administration and all associated activities shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Each Entrant should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of their Entry for their future reference.
How to Enter
The Prize and the Draw
Limitation of Liability
The following definitions apply in these Terms and Conditions:
ASSET: a non Cash Prize deliverable to the winner via post.
CASH PRIZE: a cash prize payable to the Winner in the event of a draw made under term 30 being calculated as (1) 75% of the total value of the total Entry Fees received up to the Closing Date net the Promoter’s costs and overheads to operate the competition less/minus (2) the amount of the Charity Donation; and (3) the payment processor and acquiring bank fees.
CHALLENGE: The question(s) or task(s) set out on the entry form of the Website, which the Entrants must complete or answer correctly within the time stipulated on the Website (which may be amended pursuant to term 23), to qualify as a Correct Entry and obtain an opportunity to win any prize in the Competition.
CHARITY(IES): means the charities or charitable causes specified on the Website for the Competition to whom the Charitable Donation will be paid after the Draw.
CHARITY DONATION: means 2.5% of the total value of Entry Fees received to be payable to the Charity(ies) after the Draw Date - where there is more than one Charity, in proportion to the preferences stated by all the Entrants at the time of submitting their Entry.
CLOSING DATE: means the specified day and time a Competition will close if the minimum participant limit is not filled, subject to the extension or pull-back of time provisions of term 28.
COMPETITION: means the Competition operated by the Promoters to which these Terms and Conditions apply, wherein the Entrants submit Entries via the Website to win the Prize. The Competition is also referred to as a Roffle.
CORRECT ENTRY: means an Entry where Entrant has completed or answered the Challenge completely and correctly in all respects.
DRAW or DRAWN: means the choice of an Entry or Entries, made at random, which may be made by mechanical/physical means or by way of a computer function (at the Promoter’s sole discretion) on the Draw Date to determine a Winner and, where applicable, any Runner(s) Up.
DRAW DATE: Up to but no more than 21 days after the Closing Date and at the sole discretion of the promoter (subject to any extension or pull back to the Closing Date as set out in term 28)
ENTRANT: any natural person (not including a limited company, partnership or limited liability partnership) who validly submits an Entry to the Competition, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
ENTRY: means a validly submitted and completed entry by the Entrant through the Website in order to obtain an opportunity to win the Prize (and ENTRIES means more than one Entry).
ENTRY FEE: the entry fee is paid in Roffle Bucks. The entry fee is determined separately for each Competition payable as a condition of submitting a valid Entry.
HOLIDAY: a non Cash Prize that is a vacation organised by our travel partner. The Promoter will issue winners a credit with the travel provider covering transportation to and from the destination(s). If applicable, any remaining credit will be applied to activities on the trip.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF ENTRIES: means the specified number of entries defined in each Competition where the entry fee has been paid. This number will vary per competition and will be determined when the competition opens. .
PRIZE: means the item guaranteed to the winner of a Competition. It will be specified when the competiton opens.
PROMOTER: means Roffles Ltd, company number 12300836, whose registered office address is Parkshot House, 5 Kew Road, Richmond, London, TW9 2PR
ROFFLE BUCK: virtual currency used to purchase Entry into Competitions. Roffle Bucks are the digital currency used on Roffles.com. All Entry fees to competitions will be shown in Roffle Bucks. Roffle Bucks may be purchased in packs of varying size for a fee.
RUNNER(S) UP: The Entrant(s) corresponding to the next 3 of Correct Entries Drawn after the Winner on the Draw Date, subject always to a draw taking place in accordance with term 29 and not otherwise.
RUNNER(S) UP PRIZE: means a PRIZE awarded to the Runner(s) Up, payable subject always to a Draw taking place in accordance with term 27 and not otherwise.
VEHICLE: a non Cash Prize that is a car
WINNER: The Entrant corresponding to the first Correct Entry Drawn on the Draw Date and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.